Evening Primrose Oil Vegan Capsules
Evening primrose oil (EPO) is made from the seeds of the flowers of a plant native to North America. The plant has traditionally been used to help with, bruises, digestive problems and sore throats. Its healing benefits may be due to its gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) content. GLA is an omega-6 fatty acid found in plant oils.
- The GLA in Evening primrose oil (EPO) helps acne by reducing skin inflammation and the number of skin cells that cause lesions. It may also help the skin retain moisture.
- GLA is necessary for ideal skin structure and function. Because the skin can’t produce GLA on its own, researchers believe taking GLA-rich EPO helps keep skin healthy overall.
- Evening primrose oil is highly effective in premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms, such as irritability and bloating. Some studies have shown that some women experience PMS because they’re sensitive to normal prolactin levels in the body. GLA converts to a substance in the body (prostaglandin E1) thought to help prevent prolactin from triggering PMS.
- It helps in reducing the risk of high blood pressure during pregnancy or preeclampsia, a condition that causes dangerously high blood pressure during and after pregnancy.
- Evening primrose oil is an anti-inflammatory agent and helps reduce blood cholesterol. Most people with heart disease have inflammation in the body, although there is no proper evidence to prove that inflammation causes heart disease.